In 2004, Seoul Metropolitan Government made significant reforms in its transport policies such as reorganization of public bus services, introduction of exclusive median bus lanes, shift from private to quasi-public bus operation and implementation of an integrated transit-fare card (dubbed T-money) system. The positive results of reforms include a sharp increase in bus ridership, improvements in the speed of buses and other vehicles due to the implementation of exclusive median bus lanes, lower cost burden for transportation services, better air quality, and greater aesthetic value of the city.
Purpose of this training program:
- To provide an opportunity of sharing Seoul's successful urban transportation model through systematic training programs including theoretical lectures and field trips to relevant institutes and places
- To ensure strong cooperative relations between Seoul and participants’ cities in the field of an urban transportation policy by exchanging and transferring knowledge, technology and information
- Lectures: Outline of Seoul Transportation Policy, Intelligent Transport System(ITS) - Introduction of Eco-Friendly Urban Transportation Policies and Cases - Management of Transportation Demands in Seoul, etc.
- Field trips: Seoul Station Public Transportation Transfer Complex -TOPIS, City Hall, Han River Project Headquarters, etc
Qualification required from participants:
- Managerial-level public officials in a related field
- Officials recommended by the head of a local government
- Officials with a good command of English (all contents will be delivered in this language)
- Officials who have never participated in training programs organized by both SMG and SMG affiliated organizations