This project dealt with economic and social aspects (creation of jobs, economic activity, mobility, access to housing, security) between the airport's activity and the right to the city. This project focused on the land-side areas of airports, especially those areas outside of the airport perimeter that might include: economic areas, open spaces, local communities, transport related infrastructure. These transition areas are often disconnected and fragmented but are also keys for local and regional development due to its potential to foster many activities and to enable economic growth.
- Conceptualization of a notion of “airport area”.
- Analysis of the planning of airport areas
- Analysis of the governance of airport areas
- Analysis of the ways economic development and Jobs in “airport areas” can be fostered
- Workshop and technical visit in Barcelona (Nov. 30 - Dec. 1, 2017).
- Workshop and technical visit in Atlanta (April 13-14, 2018).
- Workshop and technical visit in Paris (November 15-16, 2018).
- Final workshop in Barcelona (March 28-29, 2019).