Photo by Omid Armin on Unsplah
Webinar Visions and Challenges in Urban regeneration
With the growth of urbanization, about 56% of the world's population live in cities and slums sprawl to be the home for some; as well complex economic-structural changes in the urban areas make urban deteriorated areas around the world especially in Global South, it is why cities need the interventions of urban regeneration program.
On the other side the structure of cities indicates decisions, tastes and also amount of achieved arts and knowledge, in different historical periods. Thus, the memory of cities, like a precious wealth, expresses a trend of various events. The transformation of the cities’ structure is necessary which involves housing, employment, social issues, etc. This is the starting point of sustainable urban regeneration notion which leads to an urban inclusive development. Sustainable urban regeneration is comprehensive and flexible like the concept of urban development to be able to expand its territory to liveable and resilient city. Although this concept, as an important interdisciplinary issue, follows not only many different aspects in national and local contexts and time periods, but also influences by global economic decisions and policies, it has been a large part of the scientific literature and practice of urban science.
Tehran Municipality jointly with Metropolis organise a webinar to highlight the need of cooperation to share challenges and experiences on urban regeneration.
- Welcome by Dr. Kave Hajialiakbari - CEO, Urban Renewal Organization of Tehran (UROT)
- Dr. Pirouz Hanachi, Mayor, Teheran
- Octavi de la Varga, Secretary general, Metropolis
- Heydar Eskandarpour, Mayor, Shiraz
- Dr. Rana Hammam, Urban Regeneration, Cairo
- Mennatullah Hendaway, Chair of Urban Design, and Lecturer assistant, Ain shams university, Cairo
- Kanak Tiwari, Master Plan of Delhi 2042, Delhi
- Kave hani Aliakbari, CEO of UROT, Tehran
- Özlem TUT, Director of Urban Transformation, Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality
- Questions & Answers
- Closing by Dr. Kave Hajialiakbari
Panel moderated by Dr. Kave Hajialiakbari, CEO, Urban Renewal Organisation of Tehran (UROT)
Who should attend
- Students in urban and cultural heritage
- City officials working on urban heritage
- Decision makers
After registration, you will receive a confirmation email with information on how to join the webinar.
For more information, click HERE