- Tuesday, 26/08/2014
Between last July 28 and 30, a delegation composed of political representatives and technicians of the eTthekwini Municipality, as well as of representatives from the academia and civil society of Durban, visited the Housing Secretariat of the City of São Paulo (SEHAB). The visit continued the cooperation project between São Paulo and Durban on housing issues, as part of the METROPOLIS Initiative “Mentoring on Upgrading Informal Settlements”, which also counts on the support of United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG).
- Monday, 04/08/2014
10 reasons to join more than 2000 world leaders and experts in Hyderabad (October 7-10, 2014)
1. Engage high-level government leaders, city officials, international organisations, academia, NGOs, solutions and service providers, policy makers, industry partners and global experts.
2. Witness key political messages and declarations from the community of mayors worldwide
3. Exchange and learn from outstanding national and international national keynote speakers
4. Participate on the renewal of METROPOLIS organization’s governing bodies as member
5. Take part in the approval of the 2015-2017 Metropolis Action Plan
6. Experience diverse good practices coming from the ground of member cities
7. Discover Hyderabad a vibrant and fascinating metropolis where heritage and hi tech coexist
8. Live the city: more than 8 technical visits that will take you to the most trending urban projects in town
9. Find out about the best urban practices worldwide with the triennial Awards
10. Join the celebration of METROPOLIS' 30th Anniversary!
- Thursday, 31/07/2014
Photo source: Brown University
UN Habitat, United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG) and LSE Cities at the London School of Economics invite you to contribute to a study on ‘Governing Urban Futures’ by taking part in a short [20 min] online survey that will cover the following thematic areas: Political power, budget & financing, multi-level governance, participation & accountability, continuity & strategic planning.
- Monday, 28/07/2014