<p>We will rely on the exchange of experiences that allow us to identify and transfer best practices to enable local public authorities create or develop their airport territories.</p>
Based on the work already performed by the IAU and the Alliance Hubstart Paris Region®, we will create a common set of best practices for sustainable development and planning of airport sites for better consideration of these issues on the territories and facilitate the implementation of appropriate policies.
- Identify and transfer, through exchange of experiences, best practices allowing local government officials to create or expand their airport territories.
- Test these "best practices identified" on an airport sites of a participating city to refine the guide of best practices and prepare training exercises.
- Technicians: Knowledge of new practices and new tools for the creation or development of airport zones
- Local politicians and economic policymakers: Knowledge of new best practices, exchange of experience on other airport territories; enhancement of existing initiatives and job creation
- In the longer term: Citizens: Improving the quality of life and Businesses: Improvement development sites for airports
|Date||Phase / action|
|First half of 2015||Preparation|
|October 26-28 2015||
First workshop, Paris
5th Sustainable Airport Areas International Seminar, Paris
|1st half of 2016||Compilation of best practices on Sustainable Airport Areas|
|September 20-22, 2016||
Second workshop, Atlanta
6th Sustainable Airport Areas International Seminar, Atlanta.
|October 2016 - March 2017||Preparing the Guide on Sustainable Airport Areas.|
|March 2017||Third workshop, Brussels.|
|1st half of 2017||Finalizing the Guide on Sustainable Airport Areas.|
|June 2017||Presentation of the outcomes at the Metropolis World Congress, Montreal.|
How to participate?
You can register via the METROPOLIS Secretariat General: Ms. Mireia Zapata - firstname.lastname@example.org
Or directly contact the Initiative organizer: Ms. Teodora Nikolova - email@example.com