<p>Cooperation and knowledge exchange towards an integrated and participatory approach to climate change adaptation in cities</p>
It is intended to exchange and generate knowledge on the different measures and define the political and technical elements to serve for the articulation of these policies in urban areas. As part of the initiative the following activities will be carried out: diagnosis, three study visits, an international seminar in Barcelona, a publication of the seminar and dissemination activities through Metropolis, local media and networks in which the partners are involved: Eurocities, UCLG, Medcities, etc.
- To develop metropolitan governance strategies and actions for climate change adaptation in the areas of total water cycle management, mobility and transportation, town and country planning, municipal waste management and prevention, and environmental stewardship.
- To generate and transfer practical knowledge to cities to enable them to promote efficient adaptation actions in the areas of total water cycle management, mobility and transportation, town and country planning, municipal waste management and prevention, and environmental stewardship.
- To establish the necessary mechanisms to coordinate the adaptation plans of geographically close areas above and beyond administrative boundaries.
- Metropolis member cities and metropolitan governments, insofar as they are part of the exchange and learning network.
- Cities seeking to promote policies and actions to adapt to climate change.
- Political, socioeconomic, technical and scientific stakeholders that contribute to the coordination of measures and solutions for climate change adaptation at the local, European and global level.
|Date||Phase / action|
|November 2015||Fact Finding Workshop, Berlin|
|8-9 February 2016||Workshop, Lyon|
|June 2016||Workshop, Liverpool|
|October 2016||Final Conference, Barcelona|
|December 2016||Final Publication|
- Grand Lyon
- Liverpool City Region Brussels Office
- City of Berlin, Senate Department for Urban Development and the Environment