<p>The Creative Cities project was launched by the Kreanta Foundation in 2008 to promote the central role of culture in sustainable urban development using a three-fold approach: by encouraging all local public policies to include a cultural dimension; by promoting the coordination of culture, territorial planning and the economy; and by boosting economic activity and employment through the creative economy.</p>
Drawing on more than six years of experience in Spain and Latin America, today the project is seeking to enlist the collaboration and support of Metropolis to transfer its knowledge to all of the association’s institutional and civil-society stakeholders in order to build common strategies along the lines of the UCLG Committee on Culture’s Agenda 21 for Culture.
The proposed Creative Cities 2014-2016 project includes activities such as the organization of workshops and seminars, joint training initiatives with the Metropolis International Training Institute (MITI), and coverage of the Creative Cities project in various digital media.
- To create and promote activities and forums for ongoing training, reflection, debate and cooperation, including the generation of documentation and audiovisual content, among public-, private- and third-sector organizations in relation to the central role of culture in sustainable urban development.
- International workshops in Mexico, Puerto Rico and Colombia: A total of 2,000 to 3,000 participants from the public, third and private sectors, involved in the fields of culture, territorial planning and local economy, for all three editions.
- Seminarios Internacionales en Bogota and Bilbao: A total of at least 500 participants.
- Online training courses: A total of 400 participants in all four editions
- Publication of e-books in the Ciudades Creativas collection: At least 4,000 downloads of the e-books by December 31, 2016.
- Ciudades Creativas TV channel: At least 15,000 new views of workshop talks posted to the Ciudades Creativas TV channel over the 36-month duration of the project.
- Ciudades Creativas Kreanta e-journal: 10,000 to 30,000 readers
|Date||Phase / action|
|October 2014||Monterrey Creative|
|April 2015||Puerto Rico Creative|
|July 2015||Bogotá Seminar|
|November 2015||Colombia Creative|
|March 2016||Bilbao Seminar|
|January 2015 - December 2017||Online training courses/td>|
|January 2015 - December 2017||Collection of e-books on Creative Cities|
|January 2015 - December 2017||Ciudades Creativas TV channel|
|January 2015 - December 2017||Ciudades Creativas Kreanta e-journal edition|
- Monterrey City Council
- Mayagüez/Puerto Rico 2015 American Capital of Culture
- Bogotá City Council. District Secretariat of Culture, Recreation and Sports
- Bilbao City Council. Bilbao Ekintza