After various meetings held in Paris and Barcelona along year 2018, Metropolis and La Sorbonne ETI Chair signed a Cooperation Framework Agreement on December 1st, 2018.
Created in 2018 by Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne University & l’Institut d’Administration des Entreprises (IAE) of Paris Sorbonne Business School (a public institution of an administrative nature), the La Sorbonne ETI Chair aims at supporting organizations - companies, communities or institutions - to decode revolutions (technological changes, ecological challenges new urban lives, cultural and social issues, new economic and governance models) brought about by the urbanization of territories. The Chair is intended to be a meeting place, a place for prospective and collective reflection, but also a way of returning and sharing experiences. It promotes the development of new ways of doing business in order to fertilize metropolitan areas.
“By signing this agreement of scientific and educational cooperation, Metropolis believes the collaboration with La Sorbonne ETI Chair provides metropolitan governments with a focus to face the challenges posed by a world in constant transformation. It will also seize the opportunity to strengthens its relations with the city and Métropole du Grand Paris and with an outstanding business school & first-class faculty in the heart of Paris, towards rethinking the links between economy, territory and society” Senior Manager for Institutional Relations and the Asia Portfolio at Metropolis Agnès Bickart said. “We are delighted to welcome such landmark in the French Academic sector as well as the partners it brings along and we look forward to working towards our common goals”.
La Sorbonne ETI Chair has at its tasks to:
- Train a new generation of decision-makers in creativity, innovation management and raise awareness of the ethical challenges inherent in systems
- Encourage the linking of academic and scientific worlds, modern companies, metropolitan territories and other socio-economic actors, on innovative creative and entrepreneurial processes related to the evolution of territories
- Conduct research on the entrepreneurial and creative entrepreneurial process, on the industrial and societal impact of innovations, the dynamics of territories and the development of smart cities.
La Sorbonne ETI Chair and Metropolis commit to promote and develop:
- Research actions they have in common as part of the Chair themes as well as egovernance and big data
- Certification Training and Capacity Building courses
- The organisation of conferences and seminars
Metropolis, serves as the hub and platform for metropolises to connect, share experiences, and mobilize on a wide range of local and global issues, in addition to being the focal point of worldwide experience and expertise on metropolitan governance. As such, Metropolis represents a unique opportunity for La Sorbonne ETI Chair to decentralize its activities and enhance the internationalisation of the Chair, its partners and stakeholeders across the world and through the Metropolis membership´s active network.
The Chair's Scientific Director, Mr. Carlos Moreno, announced the various projects planned for the forthcoming months, such as the internationalization of the Chair, with dedicated antennas in other regions such as Sao Paulo, Singapore and Buenos Aires.
For more information on this agreement, as well as for other collaboration opportunities, please contact the Senior Manager for Institutional Relations at the Metropolis Secretariat General, Ms Agnès Bickart.
For more information on ETI Chair visit http://chaire-eti.org/en/