World Summit on Circular Economy
World Summit on Circular Economy
The Circular Economy is a new economic model, which aims to transform the production and consumption patterns of society to achieve a sustainable production system. Therefore, it is proposed to reuse the goods that today are considered waste to achieve a more efficient use of resources. In this way, waste can be converted into raw materials that re-enter the production system and then generate a new good, that is, closing the life cycle of goods, lengthening the useful time of resources and reducing waste through its recovery and regeneration.
The World Summit on Circular Economy is a meeting point for companies, entrepreneurs, startups, local governments, academics, referents and experts in the Circular Economy. The main purpose of the meeting is to share, generate and articulate new business models, environmental policies, programs, recycling plans, alliances and new industrial symbiosis, generation of new green and inclusive jobs, access to financing, innovation and technological development, among others topics related to the Circular Economy.
The Summit covers various topics on the Circular Economy, which represent new opportunities to give way to innovation, improving people's quality of life and increasing competitiveness by providing solutions, at the same time, to environmental problems such as the depletion of natural resources, the deterioration of natural capital, the loss of biodiversity, the burial of waste in municipal landfills, global warming, soil degradation, air pollution and the oceans, tending to affect the productivity of the economy
The main objectives of the Summit are:
- Establish a space for dialogue and exchange of experiences and knowledge around the Circular Economy in Córdoba (Argentina) and in the rest of the world
- Business models: make visible real examples of business models and ventures based on circular economy, in Córdoba and in the region.
- Take the first steps towards the construction of a Circular Economy Roadmap in Córdoba.
- Raise awareness among participants, both public and private, about business opportunities in the Circular Economy as a development strategy.
- Rethinking the current model of linear development, for a new circular model for Córdoba and the region.
- Offer specific knowledge and tools to understand the future of the economy under a circular production model.
- Awakening and detecting new national and regional investments to make the circular scale and development model viable.
- Generate a community of people, organizations, companies and entrepreneurs who want to redesign processes, services, products and circular business models.
- Inspire with real cases and circular business models from Córdoba, the region and the world.
- Show the impacts and challenges of the path towards a circular economy and how different actors are working to make it viable.
Date and time of the meeting:
The event will take place on August 18 and 19, from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Argentina)
The thematic axes:
- Block 1: The Circular Economy as a new paradigm: an approach from academics.
- Block 2: Circular Economy: opportunities and challenges for the construction of circular policies, programs and plans.
- Block 3: The implementation of Circular Economy strategies in business models.
- Block 4: Circular economy: financing opportunities for public and private projects.
More information: cumbremec.cordoba.gob.ar/