Seoul has introduced various policies and measures, taking the lead in promoting the sustainable urban management practice. In this training program, lessons from the experience of Seoul will be discussed to provide insight for the sustainable urban management.
Course Outline (All programs will be delivered in English)
Seoul Human Resource Development Center (SHRDC) of Seoul Metropolitan Government (SMG)
• To provide city officials an opportunity to enhance capacities in the urban management with a focus on making cities more resilient
• To establish a policy transfer platform to exchange in-depth learning from experts and peers in the related area and to share good practices among participants
• To give a venue for city-to-city cooperation in building resilience in cities by sharing best practices and experiences
• Lecture - Introduction of Urban Planning of Seoul
-Outline of Seoul Urbanization Planning for Sustainable Development
- Introduction of Sustainable Urban Regeneration in Seoul, etc. • Field Trip - City Hall, Seoul Museum of History, Han River Headquarters, etc.
• Managerial-level public officials in a related field
• Officials recommended by the head of a local government
• Officials with a good command of English
• Officials who have never participated in training programs organized by both SMG and SMG affiliated organizations