Belo Horizonte joined the Race to Zero and thus, committed to zero net emissions of greenhouse gases by 2050.
To give continuity to local mobilisations in favour of the global climate agenda, the City Hall of Belo Horizonte is organising the "Climate Week: Belo Horizonte towards COP26", which will take place from 4 to 8 October.
The event will bring together representatives from the public and private sectors, academia, civil society, international organisations and governments to discuss and build proposals for the city's sustainable and low-carbon development.
The agenda, which mirrors the official COP26 agenda, will be composed of the following thematic panels: Nature; Energy; Waste Management; Infrastructure and Risk Management; Mobility and Transportation; Economy and Finance; and Youth, Gender and Participation.
- 14:00-16:00 - Opening
- 10:30-12:00 - Nature Panel
- 14:00-15:30 - Mobility & Transport Panel
- 10:30-12:00 - Energy Panel
- 14:00-15:30 - Waste Management Panel
- 10:30-12:00 - Infrastructure and Risk Management Panel
- 14:00-15:30 - Economy & Finance Panel
- 10:30-12:00 - Youth, Gender & Participation Panel
- 14:00-16:00 - Closure
(Belo Horizonte time)