Metropolis co-organizes an Urban Thinker Campus in collaboration with the World Urban Campaign, the MTPA (Metropolitan and Territorial Planning Agencies), the FNAU (French Network of Urban Planning Agencies), ISOCARP (International Society of City and Regional Planners) and the Institut Paris Région.
Representatives of megacities' Planning Agencies and Departments will participate and exchange their experiences about the impacts and new paradigms raised by the COVID-19 crisis on megacities' planning. The discussion will focus on the following questions:
- How COVID crisis shows vulnerabilities on megacities?
- How COVID crisis changes orientations for large city developments (behaviour changes, a new focus on policies)?
- How COVID crisis changes the way to plan megacities?
- Moderated by Marianne Malez, Fnau-MTPA
- Brigitte Bariol-Mathais, Fnau – MTPA
- Sebastien Chambe, Institut Paris Region
- Frank D'hondt, ISOCARP
- Eric Huybrechts, Institut Paris Region – MTPA
- Gabriel Lafranchi, City of Buenos Aires
- Jeremy Moses, Regional Plan Association, New York
- Mduduzi Mbada, Gauteng Provincial Government, Johannesburg
- Octavi de la Varga, Metropolis
Check the agenda here.