The Malaysian Urban Forum is a national level forum that aims to promote inclusive debates and discussions towards developing and improving our sustainable urbanization strategies, policies and programs.
The focus of the Malaysian Urban Forum will be the platform it provides to the local multi stakeholders in:
- Knowledge base building - capacity building, tools and national support for implementation of the SDG's and the New Urban Agenda
- Engagement - a permanent multi stakeholders platform for continuous dialogue, inputs and feedback
- Awareness raising - putting the local and urban dimensions at the centre of national priorities
- Policy advice - elaborating and reviewing National Urban Policies
- Innovative solutions - providing solutions to changing trends and challenges
These shall serve as inputs to governmnets at national, state and local levels and develop frameworks for cities in Malaysia to voluntarily report on their local implementation efforts.
The Malaysian Urban Forum will be held this year at Bangunan Sulaiman, Kuala Lumpur from 28 to 30 September 2020. This year the MUF2020 is transformed into a "hybrid conference" - an interactive virtual platform and physical discussion. The Forum is an inclusive platform for all stakeholders to come and participate, discuss and share thoughts, views, ideas and solutions to address the many challenges urbanisation has brought upon us.
The Forum will provide a detailed overview of the world of cities with a broad perspective of 5 sub-themes:
- Inclusive Urbanisation
- Innovation and Technology for Sustainability
- Urban Resilience and Low Carbon
- Culture and Creative Cities
- Financing Sustainability
For registration and more information about the MUF2020 click here