German Habitat Forum
This forum will offer an opportunity for pioneering thinkers and interesting figures from across the world, representing the spheres of politics, business, research and science, civil cities and municipal authorities, to enter into a dialogue with each other. At the same time, the event aims to deliver input for the third global United Nations Conference on Housing and Sustainable Development, Habitat III, taking place from 17 to 20 October 2016 in the Ecuadorian capital, Quito. On the first day of the conference, we will be focusing on "People, Politics and Practice". We will be examining strategies that have already proven successful and specific ways of promoting sustainable urban development. On the second day, we will be concerned with visions and strategies for making the city of the future liveable.
The key questions posed at the conference will be:
- How can we make use of the opportunities offered by urbanisation?
- How can we make our cities liveable?
- How can urban development take equal account of people and the environment?
- How can cities contribute to development and to climate change mitigation and adaptation?
- What basic framework do municipalities need in order to pursue sustainable development?
More info at german-habitat-forum.de