The City Managers Days are entering their fourth edition with a new format, moving from a one-off 3-hour meeting to a 2-day event with diverse activities in different venues. With this format, we seek to go much deeper into the proposed theme, making it easier for the people who participate to have more possibilities for interaction and the creation of synergies between them, and between the metropolitan governments they represent.
The theme of this year's edition is 'Digitalization of Metropolitan Spaces'. We invite local and metropolitan government managers, as well as directors of data and digitalization areas at local and metropolitan governments, to join the activities that will take the following questions as a starting point:
- How are local governments able to obtain sufficient resources (economic, technical, adequate personnel) in the face of the digital revolution?
- How to adapt to all the changes and transformations that emerge?
- How to guarantee the digital sovereignty of the data?
- How can digital transformations reinforce democracy and citizen participation?
- Wednesday, November 20
- 9h15 - 11h "Meeting of City Managers" organized by City of Barcelona to discuss about equal opportunities, Agenda 2030 and the green economy / Hall CC1 _ Room 1.2 at SCEWC (by invitation only)
- 15:00-18:00 Side event on "Digitalisation of Metropolitan Spaces" organized by Metropolis with the support of the Metroplitan Area of Barcelona. Debates, round table and public presentation of Metropolis Observatory's publication / Hall CC1 _ Room 1.4 at the Smart City Expo World Congress
- Thursday, November 21
- 10:00-13:00 "City Managers Community” organized by Metropolis with the support of the Metroplitan Area of Barcelona. Debate session. Metropolis headquarters, Avinyó street, 15 08002 Barcelona. (by invitation only)
- 15:00-17:00 Small group meetings with partners working in urban digitalization (to be confirmed)
- 15:00-17:00 Field visit to a department responsible for the delivery of a public service related to the theme (to be confirmed)
If you are a local or metropolitan government manager, or a director of data and digitalization areas at a local or metropolitan government, and are interested in participating in the City Managers Days 2019, please contact Mr. Eugeni Villalbí at the Metropolis Secretariat General, no later than October 02, 2019.