City Managers is entering its third edition with a new and much larger meeting format, moving from a one-off 3-hour meeting to the organization of an event with a programme lasting more than a day, as part of the SmartCity Expo World Congress (SCEWC) in Barcelona. The aim of this new format is to go much deeper into the proposed theme, making it easier for the people who participate to have more possibilities for interaction and the creation of synergies between them or between the metropolitan governments they represent.
In summary, it is a question of tackling problems such as the unclear allocation of competences, situations of fiscal deficit, restrictions on debt capacity, underfunding, etc... and trying to propose viable solutions based on each of the realities of the people involved, such as:
- - Municipal debt and bond issues
- - Public-private partnerships (PPP and PPPP, public-private-people-partnerships)
- - Circular economy
- - Capturing the added value of soil
- - Competence frameworks
- - Sources of income
As in previous sessions, this session of this event is addressed to local and metropolitan government managers. In this case, and according to the theme that will focus the content of the program is also addressed to people who work as directors of economic and financial areas of local and metropolitan governments.
>> This meeting is for members of the Metropolis City Managers Community only. Participation in the session will be by invitation and is open to Metropolis members only. If you are interested in participating in this session, please contact Mr. Eugeni Villalbí before October 31st. <<
Wednesday 14th November 2018
- Afternoon (14h- 17h30) – Headquarters of the AMB (only by invitation)
- Debate session of “City Managers Community” (members confirmed)
- Topic introduced by Ms. Enid Slack
- Moderation and conclusions by Mr. Alexander Heichlinger (European Institute of Public Administration, EIPA)
- Participation of up to 10 people in charge of local and metropolitan government management and directions of economic and financial areas of local and metropolitan governments.
Thursday 15th November 2018
- 9h - 11h Field trip to the management facilities of a metropolitan public service: public transport and waste (visit organised by the AMB)
- 11h30 - 12h Coffee break
- 12h - 13h30 Presentation of the public service financing system at metropolitan level.
You can read the concept note, and logistical information here