1) Promote a shared understanding within CIB members of SDG (and SDG 5 in particular), and related Urban Agenda, and Right to the City agenda;
2) Help CIB members understand how 3 organizations (i.e. presenters) are assessing and responding to the context and needs of gender equality with specific policies, strategies or plans;
3) Provide specific methodology/tools or good practices (ONE tool or practice per presenter only) used in capacity dev. projects.
Someone from the CIB Secretariat will do the welcoming and intro (positioning SDGs and defining gender equality, for the purpose of the webinar), and introduce each speaker (6-7 minutes in total). Three speakers will have 8-10 minutes each for their presentation. The second half of the webinar will be a 25-30 minutes facilitated Q&A (managed by Pascal/FCM), using questions from participants (via the chat box). The CIB Sec person will do a quick wrap up at the end to highlight key learning and eventual action items, and thank participants.
- Ms. Kathryn Travers, Executive Director, Women in Cities International (on behalf of Metropolis)
- Marta Casamort, Gender Officer, Catalan Agency for Development Cooperation
- Elena Pierce, Governance, Policy and Networks Advisor, FCM Programs, Federation of Canadian Municipalities
The webinar will be conducted in English only.
*Please note that event time is set according to Central European Time (CET).
To register for this webinar, click here.