What are Metropolis Initiatives?
The Metropolis Initiatives launched in 2012 constitute the main lynchpin of the new Action Plan to foster specific projects and services for cities in conjunction with institutions and companies.
With the Initiatives, Metropolis seeks to consolidate network-based management of its activities, more targeted at projects and oriented towards results and more open to partnerships and external funding.
For more information on the Initiatives, read the letter of introduction on the proposal by Metropolis President, Jean-Paul Huchon and consult the Guide to Metropolis Initiatives.
Which are the Metropolis Initiatives 2012?
The Metropolis Board of Directors meeting held on 26 November 2011 in Porto Alegre approved, within the framework of the 2012-2014 Action Plan, eight Initiatives for the year 2012.
The approved Initiatives are as follows:
- “Agile Cities for a New Age of Accessibility, Efficiency and Growth”
- “Comparative Study on Metropolitan Governance”
- “Concrete actions taken by metropolises to mitigate, anticipate and adapt to climate change”
- "Green Economy Center"
- “Integrated Strategic Planning and Public-Private Partnerships”
- “Integrated Urban Governance – Successful Policy Transfer”
- “Mentoring on Upgrading Informal Settlements”
- “Promotion and development of the Barcelona Institute of Technology for the Habitat and the City Protocol”
- “Transferring Knowledge and Cooperating in Culture, Education and City”
What are the benefits?
- Opportunity to exchange information, know-how and good practices on a project or theme of interest
- Learn from other cities that want to implement or which are already running a similar project
- Attain higher international visibility
- Develop international cooperation between cities
If you would like to submit a Metropolis Initiative, please complete the following forms: