Article 8. The Jury will be formed of 5 representatives from active member cities of Metropolis, appointed by the Board of Directors in the year prior to the Award event.
8.1. The Jury will comprise three women and two men, or vice versa.
8.2. Jury members will systematically include the host city of the Metropolis Congress concerned, where the Award Ceremony will be held, as well as the city that won the previous event.
8.3. Each and every Jury member should have a good command of at least two of Metropolis’s official languages (English, Spanish, and French).
8.4. Jury members will receive no remuneration and their collaboration will be considered an extraordinary public service.
Article 9. The Jury will cast its votes when there are at least three members present. It will be chaired by one of the members, chosen before the meeting begins.
9.1. The chair of the Jury will lead the assessment meeting and cast the deciding vote when necessary.
9.2. The secretary will be the Metropolis Secretary-General or the person he/she appoints and will be responsible for calling meetings, the administrative coordination of the work to do, informing each of the winners of the Jury’s verdict with regard to their entry and calling them to the Award Ceremony. The secretary does not have the right to vote.
9.3. The Metropolis Secretary-General will call meetings, prepare the schedule, review and classify documents and send a list of candidate projects to the jury members. He/she will also be responsible for publicizing the Award, overseeing the making of the trophies and diplomas of participation and, together with the chair of the Jury, organizing the Award Ceremony.
9.4 The Jury will proceed as follows:
- Two months before the assessment meeting, the Metropolis Secretary-General will provide each Jury member with a copy of the projects received so they may study and award them points, following the assessment criteria described in Article 14.
- Each Jury member will complete a template with the assessment criteria and score each criterion for each project from one (1) to ten (10).
- The Jury will meet to agree on and evaluate finalist projects.
- Immediately after voting on the winning entries, the Jury will deliberate on the awarding of the honorable mentions, for which it will choose a maximum of 3 projects.
- The Secretary will write up the minutes of the meeting, to be signed by each attendee. Once signed, the minutes will be passed to the Metropolis Secretary- General to send a written report to each candidate on the result of the decision regarding their project.
Article 9.5. Jury members cannot evaluate projects from their own cities.
Article 9.6. The Jury’s decision is final.